The first graders worked on comparing and contrasting in reading last week. The discussed how the character in our story, Vashti was different from the beginning to the end and how she was the same.
In math on Wednesday, the first graders used the iPads to complete a Goose Chase outside and inside. They were looking for 2D and 3D shapes.
They had to take selfies and record videos with different shapes.
The first graders had their first Junior Achievement session on Tuesday. Please ask your child what they learned. Thanks to Luke and Sullivan's mom for teaching the lesson.
Noah's dad was a WATCH dog on Friday. The students thought it was fun to have him in our classroom.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Lesson 26 reading test will be taken on Monday.
- There will be math homework Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Monday A P.E./Art/Music, Tuesday B P.E., Wednesday C Library/Technology, Thursday A P.E./Art/Music
- Fluency passages and paper books will be sent home with your child on Monday. This will be the last week of paper books.
- Our class will start the iReady math and reading diagnostic tests this week.
- We are looking at Friday, May 19th for our Blank Park Zoo field trip. I will let you know as soon as we get it scheduled for sure.