The students learned that story sentences can tell exactly what characters say. This is called dialogue. The Frog and Toad story had a lot of dialogue in it and the first graders got to write their own dialogue with a partner. Ask your child what marks are used when a character is talking.
Mrs. Lamoureux co-taught 2 science lessons with the first graders this last week. The question they were asked was How can the sun help you if you're lost? Please ask your child about Doug and his friend.
The first graders were introduced to 5 vocabulary words. East, west, forest, sunrise, and sunset. Please ask your child about these words. They made a sundial to show how the sun moves.
The first graders enjoyed A Year With Frog and Toad at the Civic Center on Friday. A big THANKS to the moms that went with us.
- The students do not have school on Monday, January 16th.
- There will not be any spelling words this week.
- The first graders will be reviewing for their Unit 5 math test on Wednesday and will take the test on Thursday. There will be math homework on Tuesday.
- There will not be any fluency bags going home this week.
- FAST testing will be begin the week of the 23rd and aReading will be the following week.