Aundrea and Digger came into the elementary classrooms to share information about the Puppy Jake Foundation. The classes collected money last week for the charity. We have some very generous first graders! Thanks to all those that donated. Please click on the link if you would like to know more about the foundation. Puppy Jake Foundation
On Friday, Easton's dad came to talk to the first graders about the importance of honey bees. We learned a lot and got to eat a honey stick!
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Fluency bags will be sent home on Monday and due on Friday. Please have your child read the passage for 1 minute every night and try to read as many of the paper books as you can.
- There will be math homework on Monday and Wednesday.
- Related Arts Schedule - Monday C-Library/Technology, Tuesday A-Art/Music, Wednesday B-P.E./Guidance, Thursday C-Library/Technology
- Our Valentine's Day party will be Friday, February 10th from 12-1.
- Miss Saylor will be testing the first graders on the FAST test this week. Those of you that I email graphs of progress monitoring, will not get them this week.
- Our class will be taking the aReading test on Tuesday, January 31st. Headphones will be needed during this test. Please ask your child if they have headphones. I only have a handful of students that have them. If your child broke or lost their headphones, please have them bring some to school by the 31st.
- Puppy Dog Relays will be Wednesday, May 17th. Please let me know if you would like to volunteer.