The first graders started unit 5 on Thursday. They used base-10 blocks to represent different numbers. Please ask your child how many cubes are in 1 long. There will be math homework Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
Mrs. Skahill taught the class how to communicate how they are feeling. The practiced using "I" messages.
Your child brought home the above sheet from P.E. last week. For every serving of vegetables they eat at home, they can color in one ornament. There are a total of 27 servings. The first graders need to return the sheet by December 21st to Mr. Jones.
The students have been very busy adding work to their Seesaw account. If you have not set up a parent account, please do. You received a info sheet on how to do that on conference night. If you need any help, please let me know.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Monday-B P.E./Guidance, Tuesday-C Library/Technology, Wednesday-A Art/Music, Thursday-B P.E./Guidance
- The first graders will be doing a book exchange on Thursday, December 22nd. Please have your child bring in a wrapped book by Monday, December 19th. The books should not cost more than $5.
- The Christmas party will be on Thursday, December 22nd from 12-1.
- Polar Express party is Friday, December 16th. Thanks to those that signed up to donate items. Please have those items brought to school by the 12th. Your child can wear their pajamas to school that day.
- The first graders will get new fluency bags on Monday. They need to be returned on Friday.