The first graders read an informative text about how animals communicate. It focused on 4 of the senses. Ask your child to give you some examples of how the animals communicated in the text. On Friday, the students discussed how an orange looks, feels, smells, tastes, and sounds. Thanks to Will's mom for donating the oranges!
The first graders took their Unit 2 math test on Monday. They started off unit 3 with learning about the Parts/Total diagram. During math enrichment time, the students do iReady math lessons. These lessons can be done at home too. Here is the link. iReady
Their username is firstname.lastname and password is ready123.
The students worked very hard on their safety skits last week. They are excited to share some very important safety tips with the kindergartners.
Monday is the start of Red Ribbon week. Each day the students will be doing something to show that saying "NO" to drugs is important.
Van Meter Schools are participating in the Winter Warmth Drive. Please read the flyer above for more information.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Our Halloween party will be on Friday, October 28th. It will start around 12. Students can BRING their costumes to school and can put them on for the party. Please do not send any face paint or weapons.
- Van Meter Elementary Parents Committee's Bulldog Blitz is a direct donation campaign. This is a great way to support our school. The challenge is to have each student raise at least $30. The money is used for field trips, technology for the classrooms, school supplies for activities in the classroom, Puppy Dog Relays, the school carnival and movie night supplies. Donations are due Thursday, October 27th. Thanks for your support!
- Parent/Teacher conferences are November 1st and 3rd.
- If you would like to order a Van Meter Playoff shirt you can click on the link. Orders are due Tuesday. Football Apparel