The first graders have been working hard this week on getting their safety books done.
They will be sharing their safety books with the kindergartners soon. Parents will get to see them at conference time.
The Van Meter Fire Department stopped by the school on Friday to visit with the elementary students.
The fire fighters shared some very important safety tips with us.
We have started reading a Junie B., First Grader book during milk/snack time. We loved reading about Humphrey and his adventures, but we are now enjoying a new character's experiences.
The students will get new paper books and fluency passages on Monday. They need to return the parent half sheet and fluency passage if they have one, on Friday.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- I will be submitting a Scholastic book order on Monday, October 17th. Click on the link if you would like to order books. Schloastic The class code is GT9RT.
- The 5th graders are collecting change for Meals for the Heartland until Friday, October 21st.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are Tuesday, November 1st and Thursday, November 3rd. Please sign up if you haven't yet.
- Picture retakes are Wednesday, October 26th.