Sunday, August 21, 2016


Thanks to those that were able to make it to Back to School Night on Thursday.  It was great to see everyone!  I'm excited to get the year started.  I did have a couple of parents leave some of the take home sheets.  Please let me know if you did not get home with the items shown above. 

I will be sending out an email on Monday that contains a link.  This link will have me reading the above book.  I hope they enjoy it!

I will be starting the year off with a color chart that I'll use for behavior.  Each student will have a pocket with their name on it and in the pocket there will be three colors of paper.  Green means great day, yellow means I need to make better choices and red means that my behavior needs to be shared with my parents.  Students will have the opportunity to get back to green before the end of the day.    

This is a picture of what the note looks like if your child ends the day on red.  I will notify you about the behavior by email or by phone.  We will continue to work on our Bulldog Beliefs of being Respectful, Responsible and Safe.  I will be sending home pawsitive tickets with students when they are using the Bulldog Beliefs.  My class can also earn tickets that they can buy passes with. 

  • The first graders will not have a spelling test the first week of school.  Students will get a list of words every Monday and take the test on Friday.  I will also post the spelling words on the blog.
  • The snack calendar will be sent home with our child on Tuesday.  I've attached a nut/peanut free food list to the back of it.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  The first graders will have snack/milk Monday-Thursday from 2:00-2:15.  There is also a link for the snack calendar on the right side of the blog.
  • I will send out a link to my blog every weekend.  Please let me know if you do not want to receive it or you would like me to add another email address.
  • Please let me know if you would like to volunteer in the classroom.  I had a sign-up sheet for Thursday night and I forgot to set it out.  
  • That's all for now.  Please don't hesitate to email me with questions or concerns.  It's going to be a great year! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment