The first graders will be learning about ways to keep our Earth clean next week during enrichment time. Our class collected some garbage on Thursday and put it in a jar with water. We will be observing how littering can be harmful to water.
The first graders have been working on tally charts and bar graphs in math. The class will be reviewing for the Unit 8 math test on Monday and will take the test on Tuesday. There will be math homework on Wednesday.
We have also been working on place value and 10 more, 10 less, 1 more and 1 less. Pick a number and have your child tell you what the number would be if they had 10 more, 10 less, 1 more or 1 less of that number.
The first graders have been working on finding text evidence during enrichment this last week.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Fluency bags will be handed out on Monday and due on Friday.
- The first graders will take the FAST assessment on May 3rd and 4th. The words per minute goal for the end of the year is 70 words per minute. This is a huge jump from the winter goal of 40 wpm. Please have your child read from their fluency bags each night! This is great way to improve on their fluency. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this.
- Puppy Dog Relays are Thursday, May 5th from 8:30-11:00.
- The Blank Park Zoo field trip is Thursday, May 12th. Please let me know if you can go.
- I know we don't have very many weeks left of school, but we are in need of some tissues and disinfectant wipes. If you could donate some, that would be great! Thanks to those that have donated already.