Last week the first graders had fun reading poetry.
Poetry was one of our genres from our reading lesson. We also read Little Rabbit's Tale. It was a fantasy story. Ask your child what makes a story a fantasy.
In math last week, the first graders used straws and twisty ties to create different shapes. They had a lot of fun!
The students have been learning about the different attributes that shapes have. Have your child name an attribute of a triangle.
For the Spring break reading challenge, the students that participated got to help stick Mr. Tibbett's to the wall using duct tape.
I think Mr. Tibbett's had just as much fun as the kids did!
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Fluency bags will be given to your child on Monday and will be due on Friday.
- The first graders have a field trip to the Civic Center on Thursday, March 31st. We will leave at 11:30 and will be back around 2:30.
- The first graders will be taking Unit 4 reading test on Wednesday.
- There will be math homework on Monday and Tuesday.
- The April snack calendar will be sent home on Monday.
- The carnival is Saturday, April 9th from 5:30-8:30.