The first graders learned about attribute blocks in math last week. Ask your child what an attribute is. Each student had a block and they had to group themselves according to size, shape, color, thickness, number of sides and vertices. They loved this activity!
We have an Osmo in our classroom that we can use for math and reading. The students will have the opportunity to use the Osmo twice a week for math and reading. This is a fun way to practice addition and subtraction facts and spelling words.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- There will be new books for the fluency bags on Monday. Please have your child return the bag to school on Friday.
- There will be math homework on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Jump Rope for Heart donations can still be collected. The deadline is February 29th.