On Friday, the elementary had an assembly to kick off our Read Across America week. Miss Saylor talked about the books that we will be reading each day this week and they also watched a video that the teachers created about reading.
Above are the dress-up days for Read Across America week. Your child brought home a paper copy on Friday.
Our class had fun decorating a big piece of paper to tape on our classroom door. The students signed their name and wrote a favorite book title down. Thanks to our high school helper, Amanda for organizing this. All of the elementary classrooms have a Read Across America themed door this week.
- Reading homework will be sent home and Monday and will be due on Friday.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- There will be math homework on Monday and Tuesday.
- The first graders will get new paper books in their fluency bags on Monday. They need to be returned on Friday.
- Jump Rope for Heart donations are due on Monday, February 29th.
- March snack calendars were sent home with your child on Friday.