The first graders worked a lot this past week on fact families in math. This is a picture of a fact family. The students will have math homework on Wednesday and Thursday this week.
Your child brought home fact triangle cards. These cards will help them become more fluent with their addition and subtraction facts. The boys are showing how to use them. The addition fact is 2 + 10 and the subtraction fact is 7 - 2. Please let me know if you have any questions about how to use them. I would cut them all out and keep them in a safe spot, so you can pull them out to practice.
The class listened to the book, Love Monster and made their very own monster. They had so much fun with this activity. A big THANK YOU to the parents that helped out with our Valentine's Day party. The kids had a blast!
- There is NO SCHOOL on Monday
- The students will get reading homework on Tuesday and it is due on Friday.
- The spelling test will be on Friday.
- The first graders will get their fluency bags on Tuesday and will need to return them on Friday.
- If you have any box tops, we are collecting them until the 19th.
- Jump Rope for Heart donations are due the end of this month.
- Baseball and softball registration is due on the 19th.