The first graders did a fantastic job of designing a new suit for Santa.
Mrs. James came into our classroom on Thursday morning to introduce to the first graders how to code. She made it possible for the kids to participate in the worldwide "Hour of Code".
The first graders were able to create movements for characters from Mine Craft. They had a lot of fun. It was interesting to hear their conversations about how to solve each puzzle and great to see them working together to get them completed.
The class took home bookmarks so they can practice coding at home.
The students learned how to measure jagged paths in math this week. They had to add the 3 numbers together to get the sum. There will be math homework Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
The first graders learned a new game in math. It is called Addition Top-It. The players draw 2 cards, add them together and then the player with the greater sum, wins the cards. You can play this game at home with a deck of cards. Just remove the face cards and have some fun!
The students read the informational text, From Seed to Pumpkin. They will be ready to start lesson 11 in reading on Monday.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Reading homework will be given out on Monday and needs to be returned by Friday.
- Polar Express Day is on Wednesday. Students can wear their pajamas. There are a lot of fun activities planned for that day. Thanks to those that donated items.
- Please have your child bring in a wrapped book for the book exchange by Monday, December 21st. The book exchange will take place Wednesday morning.
- Kids Club is Tuesday, December 22nd at 2:15.
- Christmas party is Wednesday, December 23rd from 11:45-12:45.
- Students will be dismissed at 1:30 on the 23rd.