The first graders are learning about greater than and less than symbols. We talked about how the greater/less than sign always "eats" the greater number.
Mrs. Skahill, the guidance counselor posts a random act of kindness on one of the bulletin boards in the hallway that students try to accomplish for the week. Last week was sing thank you to Mrs. Fries. If a student does the random act of kindness, then they can add a cotton ball to Santa's beard. The elementary students will be adding cotton balls to Santa's beard until Christmas break.
The first graders will be having a book exchange on December 23rd. The book should not cost more than $5 and should be appropriate for a boy or a girl. Scholastic Books is a great site to get a book. The book needs to be wrapped with To: ? and From: your child's name. Please have your child bring the book to school by December 21st. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- There will not be any spelling words or vocabulary words
- The Polar Express Day has been moved to Wednesday, December 16th.
- The Christmas party will be Wednesday, December 23rd from 11:45-12:45. I will be sending out an email to parents that have volunteered for the party next week.
- Kid's Club will be Tuesday, December 22nd at 2:15. Students can tryout next week, if they have a talent they would like to share.
- There will be math homework on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.