The first graders focused on reading with expression this week. Reading with expression is one part of fluency.
Every week the students are given a story starter that goes with the theme from the reading lesson. The students work with partners to create a story and then share it with the class.
The Halloween party is Friday, October 30th. The first graders will have Guidance from 11:50-12:20 and then they will put on their costumes for the party at 12:30. Please do not send any face paint or weapons to school.
- There will not be any spelling or vocabulary words this week.
- Our class is still working on their safety PBL informational books. Once they are completed, they will create team skits on their topic and share with the kindergartners.
- The first graders will be taking the Unit 3 math test on Thursday. There will be homework on Monday and Tuesday.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are November 3rd and 5th.
- The November snack calendar will be coming home on Monday.