In our Journeys book, the topic for lesson 1 was about pals. We extended that theme into 2 weeks. The first graders talked about ways to be a good friend and compared what a good pal looks like and what a bad pal looks like. Please ask your child why they make a good friend.
The first graders learned a new game in math. It is called Rolling 50. It is a great way to practice counting up and counting back on a number grid. The students will get their unit 1 math tests back next week.
Our class took the math and reading diagnostic test for iReady on Thursday. This is something that the first graders will use during the week, but they can also complete lessons at home. Their usernames and passwords are located in their take home folders. Please let me know if you have any questions about this. The site is a great resource for them to review math and reading skills.
The first graders enjoyed listening to me read them the book, The Day the Crayons Quit. Please ask your child what their favorite crayon was and why. They had fun creating a picture that used a lot of different colors!
- Lesson 2 spelling test will be on Friday.
- The parent letter for unit 2 math was sent home on Friday. Please keep this in a safe spot. It is a great resource to use throughout the unit. It also has the answers to all of the homework.
- School pictures will be taken on Monday. Please send the picture envelope back to school with your child, if you want to order any pictures.
- If your child still has butter braid orders, the deadline has been extended to Monday.
- Your child will be getting a reading home letter on lesson 2 on Monday. They will also be getting their spelling home list. This list will always be on pink paper. It does not need to be returned to school.