We had a great first day of first grade!
Our class did a variety of fun activities on the first day. Hopefully, you were able to read the letter that your child filled out for you about their first day.
Miss Saylor read some of her favorite books to our class on Tuesday.
One of the books we read this week was about schools around the world. I thought it would be neat to have the students share items that they have from different countries. Macy brought in some things from China. Norah brought in a kiwi bird from New Zealand and a maraca from Mexico. Ava brought in money from Canada.
Anna showed us a letter and a picture of her friend from South Africa.
The first graders learned how to play the Penny Dice game this week. There will be a couple of nights that your child will have math homework.
- Spelling test will be on Friday. A list will be sent home on Monday. I will have them listed on the spelling link on the Dogg Blogg too.
- Please have your child practice their sight words. They will be tested on Thursdays.
- The September snack calendar will be sent home with your child on Monday. Please read through the appropriate snacks that are listed on the attached note. You can also see the snack calendar on the calendar link on the Dogg Blogg.
- The blue take home folders are here! Your child will have their folder Monday. Please check their folder every night for homework and notes.
- School pictures will be September 14th.