We are reading Junie B. Jones First Grader Dumb Bunny during snack milk time. The chapter we ended on left us hanging. Ask your child what color of jellybean they predict Junie B. Jones picking. What does the purple jellybean mean?
The first graders have been working on fractions in math this week. We will take the Unit 9 test on Thursday. There will only be one day of homework. The students will start to taking math fact tests on Monday. Please continue to use the fact triangle cards that were sent home to practice math facts or use www.mobymax.com
The class earned an electronic day on Thursday. They had over 120 pawsitive notes. Great job being respectful, responsible and safe!
The elementary carnival is
in the school gym…
There will be games, prizes, raffles, concessions, silent auction baskets, inflatable, face painting, and much more. Admission is free.
New this year-
unlimited games with the purchase of a wristband!
More volunteers are needed! Sign up at:
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- The first graders will be getting fluency passages for the month of April on Monday. There will be 4 passages, one for each week. Please have your child read the passage every day and talk about their accuracy, rate and expression. These do not need to be returned to school.
- Related Arts: Monday-library, Tuesday-music, Wednesday-art, Thursday-library.
- Spring pictures were sent home a couple of weeks ago. Please send them back with your child if you do not wish to purchase any of them.
- We are in the process of scheduling our Blank Park Zoo field trip for May.
- Puppy Dog Relays are Tuesday, May 11th. Please let Mr. Jones or I know if you would like to volunteer to help.
- Happy Easter!