On Monday the students wore hats to show their appreciation for Dr. Seuss. We read the book, Cat in the Hat and did a variety of activities that went along with the book.
Tuesday we read the book, Fox in Socks. The students designed their own sock and wrote a story about it's magical powers.
Miss Saylor read to our class on Monday. We also had Liz Thompson and Jake Anderson read to our class. A big THANK YOU to them for coming in to read. The students really enjoyed it!
Congratulations to Seth for being the 1st grade PBIS Top Dog Award winner. Great job being respectful, responsible and safe!
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- The first grade music concert is Thursday, March 12th. Our class needs to be in the classroom by 6:00. They will perform at 6:15. The students need to wear blue jeans and a nice shirt and bring a flashlight.
- The Van Meter Elementary School Carnival will be Saturday, April 11th from 5-8. Donations for our theme basket are due Friday, March 13th. Our theme is Get Gardening.
- Spring break is the week of March 16th.
- The first graders will be finishing up Unit 8 this week in math. The test will be on Friday. There will not be any homework on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- I plan on sending home some reading passages with your child this week to practice their fluency. I will send out an email with more details.