The first graders had a great time at their Valentine's Day party on Friday. A big THANK YOU to the parents that helped out.
Stacking Candy Hearts
Heart Character Cups
The first graders used their pawsitive notes to have a movie/pajama/stuffed animal/popcorn party on Thursday. Great job on being respectful, responsible and safe at school. They will be having an electronic day on Thursday because they earned so many pawsitive notes. Please let me know if you have any questions about this.
Stitch was a popular choice for a stuffed animal on Thursday.
I'm going to start sending home paper books with the students next week. These books go along with the literacy theme that the students are learning about for the week. The books do not need to be returned. They can be read by the students or you. This is a great way to practice their fluency.
This is a rubric that the first graders use to evaluate their fluency when they read with the fourth graders. It would be great if you could use it at home too. We talk about fluency everyday, so your child should be familiar with the terms.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- Mr. Jones sent home a paper rainbow for your child to write down fruits and vegetables that they eat. This sheet is due on Monday.
- The first grade concert will be March 12th. Our class will check in at 6:00 and perform at 6:15. They need to wear blue jeans and a nice shirt and bring a flashlight.
- Your child brought home a letter about the FAST assessment for reading on Thursday. Please let me know if you have not seen it or have any questions.
- Your child brought home a note about the Van Meter Elementary School Carnival on Friday. The carnival will be Saturday, April 11th. Our theme is "Get Gardening". The basket supplies need to be at school by Friday, March 13th.
- Your child also brought home their unit 6 math test on Friday. The math grades have been updated on Infinite Campus.