Dr. Bernhardt visited with the first graders on Friday. She talked with them about ways they can have healthy teeth. She read them a story and gave everyone a goody bag. They have been learning about dental health during enrichment with Mrs. Bertman.
Last week, the first graders finished off Black History month by learning about 4 Famous African Americans. They did a variety of activities, watched videos and read books about each one. The students really enjoyed learning about them. Please ask your child to share facts with you about them.
The elementary will be celebrating the author, Dr. Seuss next week.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- The spelling test will be on Friday. This will be another review week.
- I will be contacting some parents this week to schedule conferences. If you don't hear from me, I don't feel like there are any concerns with your child. Please let me know if you have any questions about this because we are doing it differently than we did in the fall.
- The first grade concert will be March 12th. Our class will check in at 6:00 and perform at 6:15. They need to wear blue jeans and a nice shirt and bring a flashlight.
- The Elementary carnival is Saturday, April 11th. Our theme is "Get Gardening". The basket supplies need to be at school by Friday, March 13th.