Adam was the first grade PBIS Top Dog Award winner for the month of January. Congratulations!
The first graders explored their Math Reference Books (MRB) in math last week. This is a great resource for the class to use if they have questions about specific math skills or games that they have played. The measurement section was a favorite for a lot of the students.
The students have spanish for 15 minutes Monday-Thursday. This last week some of the first graders were able to read from a spanish book. It was very exciting to hear the students read in spanish. I've added the link to Mrs. Newell's webpage. It is the story and a reading excerpt from the spanish class. Spanish Story
Our class is in need of pencils. I checked the extra supply baggies and we do not have any pencils, but lots of glue sticks. :) If you can, please send some pencils with your child.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- Spelling test over lesson 24 words will be on Friday.
- The first graders will take the unit 6 math test on Monday.
- Related Arts schedule: Monday-Art, Tuesday-Library, Wednesday-Music and Thursday-Art.
- The Valentine's Day party will be on Friday, February 13th from 12:15-1:15. Your child can decorate a box or bag for their valentines, but please do not send it before February 12th.