Your child brought home a sheet on Friday with a little baggie to put their 100 items in. We will be celebrating the 100th day of school on Monday. The students will do a variety of fun activities involving the number 100.
In math this week the first graders used 10 frames to figure out subtraction problems with the numbers 8, 9 and 10. They have also been learning about fact families. Ask them what the addition and subtraction problems are using these 3 numbers. 3, 9, 12
Last week we read the book, Snowballs by Lois Ehlert. The book gave the students some great ideas on how to use items around the house to decorate their snowman.
Please have your child bring back their decorated snowman to school on Monday.
Your child will be bringing home the yearbook order form on Monday. Please return the form to school by February 2nd or you can order online. Please know that the ID code to order online is not correct. It is 2946115, not what is listed on the order form.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- The first graders will be taking the FAST reading assessment next week. This is the assessment that they took in the fall and will take again at the end of the year.
- The first graders brought home some fact triangle flashcards last week. Please use these at home to practice their facts. They will be getting another set next week. Please let me know if you have any questions about them.
- Unit 5 math tests were sent home last week. Let me know if you have any questions about the math standards. A star means they have met the standard, a + means it is developing and a - means it is below. The shaded in standards mean that the students do not need to meet it at this time.