The first graders have been learning about adding 2 digit numbers this week in math. They used the part/total model to find the answers to number stories.
The students have also been learning about greater than (>), less than (<) and equal to (=). They used animal cards with the weights on them and put them in order from greatest to least.
- There will not be any spelling, reading or math homework this week.
- We will finish up with our narrative writing unit this week.
- January snack and reading calendars will be sent home on Friday. There will also be a fun reading activity that would be fun for your child to do over break. That will be sent home on Friday as well.
- Please send your child's wrapped book exchange book with them to school by Wednesday.
- The first graders will be having the Polar Express party on Thursday, December 18th. That day the students can wear their pajamas. They will be doing a variety of activities throughout the day with that theme. Those of you that volunteered to bring in an item, please have them at school by Monday. THANKS!
- Our Christmas party will be Friday, December 19th from 12-1. Thanks to the moms that are taking care of all of the details!