The first graders had a lot of fun using the measurement tapes to measure a variety of things.
We will finish up with unit 4 this week. There will be homework every night, so please check your child's folder.
The class has been learning about non-fiction text features in literacy these last two weeks. They read non-fiction books and identified the text features with a partner. Ask your child what the purpose of a caption and table of contents are.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- The class will have library on Tuesday this week.
- If you pledged money for the spelling challenge, then your child brought it home on Friday. The money collection deadline is November 21st.
- Thanks to everyone for donating items to the Hunger Drive. The 3rd graders will be weighing the items on Tuesday to see if we met the goal of 317 pounds.