Last week was Red Ribbon Week. The students wore red on Wednesday to show that they are "red"y to say NO to drugs.
The elementary students colored a NO to show that they do not want to be involved with drugs.
We finished up our informative writing unit last week with pumpkins. We read books about pumpkins and wrote down facts. We will be starting narrative writing this week.
In math the first graders learned about line plots. We made one based on how many siblings they had. The class will review for the unit 3 math test on Monday and will take the test on Tuesday. There will only be math homework on Thursday and Friday of this week.
We finished up our lessons on inferring this week. We did a variety of activities and read books to help us figure out what the authors were trying to tell us. Ask your child this question, what do they think is beautiful in their lives? We will be learning about text features this week.
The first graders enjoyed reading about pumpkins this week. One of the things they found out is that people make boats out of pumpkins.
The first graders had an awesome Halloween party on Thursday. A big THANKS to all the moms and dads that helped out with our party. It was a huge success!
- The first graders will take the spelling challenge test on Friday. You should have a list already, but your child will bring another one home on Monday. If you did not turn in your spelling challenge envelope on Friday, you can still return it to school.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- Your child brought home a November snack calendar and reading calendar on Friday. If you child reads 20 minutes, please sign it and then they can get a ticket the next day.
- Library will be on Monday and Thursday this week.
- The after prom is hosting a student/teacher volleyball game on November 6th in the big gym. The first graders will be playing against the kindergarten from 7:20 to 7:30. I would love to have all of my first graders play with me. Admission is $2.00. please let me know if you have any questions.