The third grade math classes have joined forces with STAR 102.5’s COMBAT HUNGER to benefit the Food Bank of Iowa.
Combat Hunger is a community-wide food and fund drive to provide Iowans in need with food during the harsh winter months and increase awareness of Iowa’s critical hunger problem.
All items collected go to those who need it most- hungry Iowans.
Our goal this year is 319 pounds of donations, which is the combined weight of Mrs. Sigrist and Mr. Durflinger. We will be collecting items from November 10th thru the 14th.
We have designated a theme for each day but you are able to donate any item at any time or you may follow the theme for the day. Donate once or donate up to 5 times, it is up to you!
MONDAY: MEAT the Need Monday (canned tuna, chicken or peanut butter)
TUESDAY: Personal Items Tuesday (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, diapers, toilet paper)
WEDNESDAY: Cold/Warm Cereal Wednesday (cold or warm instant cereal)
THURSDAY: Soupy Thursday (canned soups)
FRIDAY: Veggie/Fruity Friday (canned fruits and vegetables)
- Fake Injury Day is on Monday. This is the reward that was voted on for our Pawsitive notes. Please let me know if you have any questions about this. :)
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- I will be gone on Tuesday for a training.
- Unit 3 math tests were sent home on Friday. Please let me know if you have any questions about the assessment.
- The first graders did a great job on the spelling challenge test. The envelopes will be coming home on Friday for those that made donations.
- Scholastic book orders are due on Monday, November 10th.
- We will continue to work on narrative writing and non fiction text features this week.