The Van Meter Firemen came to visit the first graders on Tuesday. The students were able to ask questions and see the equipment that they use to do their job. They really enjoyed being able to walk through the fire truck.
This week the class worked on informative writing on fire safety.
Yummy snacks! Please check the snack calendar to see when it is your child's turn to bring snacks. I also have this information on the calendar link on the blog.
The first graders learned about even and odd numbers in math. Give your child a number and see if they can tell you whether it is even or odd.
The class also created different patterns using popsicle sticks. They had a lot of fun with this activity!
- Spelling Test will be on Thursday.
- Reading homework is due on Thursday.
- There will be math homework on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Early dismissal at 12:30 on Thursday.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are Thursday, October 15th. Your child brought home a note informing you on when your conference is and I also emailed you. If you have any questions, please let me know.
- Picture retakes are October 22nd.
- Please have your child read to you at home for at least 20 minutes and fill out the reading log. I check their logs in the morning and they get a ticket if it is signed.
- The elementary will be starting a new related arts schedule on Monday. It is a 3 day schedule. Please check out the link on the blog to see when your child has art, library and music.