Pictures are Monday, September 15th. If you would like to order pictures of your child, please have them bring the picture order form to school tomorrow.
We started Unit 2 in math on Friday. The first graders learned a new game called Rolling for 50. The first player to 50 on their number grid wins the game. Your child brought home their Unit 1 math test on Friday. If you see a star, then they mastered the skill and if you see a plus they are developing and a minus means they need to review that math skill. Please let me know if you have any questions about the test. The kids did very well!
Our reading strategy for last week was Tune into Interesting Words. As a class we read some Fancy Nancy books and spotted some very interesting words. The students also practiced finding interesting words during Read to Self and wrote them on sticky notes.
When it is raining outside, the kids have inside recess. The kids have fun playing games and creating things with the blocks.
We use a clip chart in our class for our behavior. All students start out on Ready to Learn. If your child brings home a note saying they "Clipped off the Chart" then that is a GREAT thing. It means they were being very respectful, responsible and safe that day.
Our class earned an extra recess this week because they met their goal of 75 pawsitive notes in our bucket. Great job!
- List 4 spelling test will be on Friday.
- Please practice the level words with your child. They will be tested on Thursdays.
- There will be math homework this week.
- If you have any letter tiles from games, like Scrabble or Bananagrams that you are wanting to get rid of, I will use them for our Word Work activities.
- Please let me know if you have any questions.