On Thursday the first graders learned about 6 different safety topics. The guest speakers were part of our Project Based Learning. The students came up with one question for each guest. The students then picked one of the safety topics for their project. They will be writing their driving question at home.
Fire Safety with Chris Reha
Playgroud Safety with Mrs. Coffie
Stranger Danger with Officer Daggett
Bike Safety with Kris Hauswirth
Weather Safety with KCCI's Frank Scaglione
A huge THANK YOU to all of our guest speakers. The students learned a lot and had a great time!
On Friday the first graders skyped with author, Ame Dyckman. It was great to hear all about her love for books and writing. She is the author of Boy + Bot.
- Spelling Test on Friday.
- Your child brought home their PBL packet on Friday. They need to come up with a driving question for their safety topic and return it to school on Monday. Please let me know if you have any questions about this. We are very excited about it!
- We are starting Unit 10 in math this week. Your child will have math homework most nights, so please check their folders.
- April reading calendars are due May 1st.
- Puppy Dog Relays are May 9th in the morning.
- Blank Park Zoo field trip is May 16th.