On Monday, the first graders had their Star Lab session with Chris Adkins. This picture is what the outside of the star lab looks like. They were very excited to go in!
Chris talked to the kids about the Big Dipper and a few of the other constellations. He also wanted them to find a picture of their own when they were looking at the stars. Some of them found stairs and a shark.
During enrichment time, we have been studying the five food groups. The students cut out food ads for each group and put them into their 5 food group book. They will be learning about maps when they get back from spring break.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Scholastic book orders are due on March 26th. They went home on Thursday.
- There will be a field trip to the Civic Center on Friday, March 28th to see Stuart Little. We will be leaving the school at 11:30, so the students will be able to eat lunch at school. There will be a note sent out with more details.
- Puppy Dog Relays have been scheduled for Friday, May 9th. Please let me know if you would like to volunteer.
- I hope everyone has a great spring break!