Mr. Gross Mouth stopped by the classroom on Wednesday to show the first graders what it looks like when you don't take care of your teeth.
Chloe's mom, Tracy came in to talk to the first graders about dental health. The kids loved having an expert around to answer their questions. They learned a lot and were excited to have her come in and talk.
A big THANKS to her for coming in!
Miss Goodwin came into our classroom for our third spanish lesson on Monday. The class reviewed some of the vocabulary words around the room and learned about introducing themselves to a partner and saying their name.
The first graders were introduced to their Math Reference Books this week. They enjoyed looking through the resource book to see what it has to offer. It is a great way for the kids to look up information when they have questions about math.
We started Unit 7 in math on Friday. This unit is over geometry. The students had fun making creations using 6 attribute blocks and then describing it to a partner for them to make it. The family letter for unit 7 went home on Friday.
- The elementary carnival is Saturday (tonight) from 5-8. I hope you can come and enjoy the fun.
- List 24 spelling test will be on Friday.
- To celebrate Read Across America Day, the students can wear hats on Monday. They will be doing a variety of activities throughout the day.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are on March 10th and 13th. There will be a 1:30 dismissal on both of those days.
- February reading calendars are due on March 3rd. March reading/snack calendars were sent home on Friday.