The first graders had a field trip to the Civic Center on Friday to see Stuart Little. We have been reading the book this week and it was fun to compare and contrast the book and the play. We found out there were a lot of similarities. A big THANKS to Tracy and Kari for going with us.
The first graders have been learning about maps this week during enrichment time. They used PebbleGo to find out information about different kids of maps during on of their Daily 5 rotations.
Suffixes were introduced to the first graders this week. We focused on s, ed, and ing. We did a variety of activities and their favorite seemed to be finding words with suffixes in their books and writing them down. We also focused on context clues.
- Spelling test will be Friday.
- March reading calendars are due on April 1st. April reading/snack calendars will be sent home on Monday.
- Art to Remember forms are due Monday, March 31st.
- Please return spring pictures if you don't want to order any or return the order form with your money by Monday, March 31st.
- Puppy Dog Relays will be Friday, May 9th. Please let me know if you would like to volunteer. The K-2 will be running in the morning.
- We have picked a day to go to the zoo in May, but we need to get it finalized with Mrs. Sigrist. I will let you know as soon as we hear back from her.