The first graders are learning how to write opinion papers. They are stating their opinion and then giving three reasons why they think the way they do. We've also started talking about adjectives this week. They were very excited about bringing in their adjective bags. We didn't have enough time to share all of them on Friday, so we'll finish them up on Monday.
The class finished their first math journal this week and were very excited to take them home. We will be starting Unit 6 on Monday. There will be homework this week, so please check your child's folder. There was also a Family Letter that was sent home on Friday to let you know what they will be learning about in the next math unit.
The class had a lot of fun on our Junie B. Jones field trip to Ames on Thursday. We have read some of the books, so it was nice to see connections with the show and the books. It was very entertaining! Thanks to Dane and Luke's mom for joining us.
The Hat Day was a success! Our class had the most participation and raised $31.31. Thanks to everyone for participating!
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- There will be school for the kids on Monday, February 3rd.
- Infinite Campus has been updated, so please take a look.
- Our Valentine's Day Party will be Friday, February 14th from 2:15-3:00. I've contacted the mom in charge, so if you signed up you'll be getting an email from her. I will also be sending home a class list for the Valentine's day cards.
- January reading calendars are due on February 3rd. The February reading calendars were sent home on Friday.