Mrs. Stafford's fifth graders came to our class on Thursday to help us write Santa letters. The first graders made their list and added some questions for Santa too. I big THANK YOU to the fifth graders. It was a lot of fun to have them help with this activity.
This week the first graders started learning about how to write BOLD beginnings. They worked on making sure they had a setting, characters, problem and solution. They will continue to work on BOLD beginnings and start next week on MIGHTY middles and EXCELLENT endings. We read the book, Red-eyed Tree Frog, to get a better idea of what a BOLD beginning is.
The class will be decorating Santa's suit this weekend. This is a fun activity the kids can do with mom and dad. It is a great opportunity to show off their creativity. We read the book, Santa's New Suit in class. I hope you have fun with this and remember to have them be CREATIVE!
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Santa's new suit activity is due on Monday.
- There was not any math homework for the weekend.
- The first graders will be having their Polar Express Party on December 13th. Thanks to the parents that offered to donate items for the party. The kids will be wearing their pajamas on that day.
- Kid's Club is also on December 13th.
- Our Christmas party will be on Thursday, December 19th at 2:15.