The first graders did a lot of measuring this week in math. They measured a variety of objects with their feet, fingers, and hands. The class decided that using their body was not an accurate way of measuring, but they had a lot of fun doing it!
They also used cubes and a paper foot to measure items around the room. They learned how to measure things correctly with a ruler.
We talked about nouns some more this week. We read the book, Chicken in the City. It is a great book to use when learning about people, places, and things.
- There will not be any spelling this week.
- There will be math homework, so please check your child's folder each night.
- Thanks to those that participated in the Spelling Challenge. The class did an awesome job on the test.
- There will be an early dismissal at 1:3o on Wednesday.
- Your child will be bringing home the December reading/snack calendar on Wednesday. Please continue to read and fill out the calendar. The November calendars will be due on December 2nd.
- Please look at Infinite Campus by the end of next week. I have updated math and some of the literacy standards. I will be assessing the kids this week on a couple more, so please look to see how your child is doing. Please let me know if you have any questions and especially if you are not seeing anything. M - meets, Ap - approaching, Be- below