The first graders read a couple of books this week to help them prepare for a story that they wrote.
The title of their story was How to Disguise a Turkey. The books helped them get their creative juices flowing. They did a great job. It was fun listening to some of them in class.
The first graders had a Thanksgiving reading feast on Wednesday. It was a blast getting together with the other first grade classrooms to read books. Fun was had by all!
The class was introduced to tape measures this week. They worked in pairs to see the size of their ankles, wrists, and heads. They discussed the advantages and disadvantages of using rulers and tape measures.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Scholastic book orders are due on December 4th. There were not a lot of book orders to send home, but you can always get online to order and see a larger selection of books.
- November reading calendars are due on December 2nd.
- Please check your child's grades on Infinite Campus. You should be able to see math and literacy standards. M is meets, Ap is approaching and Be is below. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and are enjoying their break. It is hard to believe we only have 3 more weeks of school before Christmas.