It's hard to believe that Friday was the 50th day of school. The year is flying by! The class did a variety of writing and math activities that were connected with the number 50.
During enrichment time, the first graders learned about pumpkins. We did a writing activity on how to grow a pumpkin using time order words. The class is continuing to work on informative writing. They are doing a great job writing facts on a topic.
The first graders enjoyed playing Coin Top-It this week. They are doing a great job counting pennies and nickels. They will be introduced to dimes this week in math.
Which card is the winner?
We read the book, A Bad Case of Tattle Tongue this week. It is a great book for kids to see what needs to be told to an adult and what they can do do solve it on their own. Please ask your child the strategies that they can use.
- List 10 spelling test will be on Friday. I've added the spelling challenge list to Spelling City. Please have your child study this list as well as our weekly words. The test day for the challenge words is November 8th.
- Pledge envelopes for the Spelling Challenge are due back to school on November 1st.
- Please have your child wear red on Wednesday, October 30th to show their drug-free spirit for Red Ribbon Week. The doors will be judged on that day. I will let you know if our door is a winner.
- Before sending the Boxtops for Education, please be sure to secure them to the proper paper. They are not accepted for credit unless mounted. Please let me know if you need more of the sheets.
- Halloween party will be on Thursday at 2:15. Please send your child's costume with them to school and no make-up or weapons.
- October reading calendars are due on Friday, November 1st.
- There will not be school on November 4th.