The class enjoyed creating our "Say no to Drugs" themed door last week. They got to pick a super hero costume and say "kapow" to drugs! The K-5 classes will be judged on their door and the winner will get a prize. I will keep you updated when we get the results.
During enrichment time last week, the class discovered facts about Christopher Columbus. The first graders watched videos, read books and did a variety of activities to learn about the man that discovered America.
In math last week, the first graders created patterns using popsicle sticks. They had a lot of fun exploring. They were also introduced to odd and even numbers.
- Spelling test will be on Friday.
- Please send earbuds to school with your child when you can. We do a variety of websites during the week and it is hard for the students to focus with all of the computer noises going on at once.
- Please be sure to send the appropriate clothing with your child for recess.
- Continue to check your child's folder each night for homework and notes.
- I hope everyone had a nice three day weekend!