The students have been practicing counting by 2's. They made a class train. Each time they would say a number when counting by 2's they would hop. They had a lot of fun with this activity. Try a family 2's train at home and to see how it works.
The first graders learned about the calculators this week. They practiced entering and clearing numbers.
The class has already been introduced to the 10 frame, but this week they were able to do some counting using their own frame.
The class had some time to practice some of their math skills this week on everydaymathonline.com. This is a great resource for the kids that they can also do at home. Their username and password are taped inside their take home folder.
On Tuesday we read the book, Fireboat. This book is a nice resource to use to talk about 9/11. The first graders had a great discussion on heroes.
- The spelling test on list 5 will be on Friday.
- Please continue to check your child's folder for math homework each night.
- Level words will be tested on Mondays.
- Homecoming is this week. Please NO face paint!
- * Monday - Pajama Day
- * Tuesday - Hat Day
- * Wednesday - America Day (red,white, & blue)* Thursday - Color WarsKindergarten-Red1st-Orange2nd-Green3rd-Black4th-White5th-Purple* Friday - Bulldog Day (blue & white)