On Thursday K-2 got the opportunity to skype with the author, Holly Surplice. She read her book Guinea Pig Party. The kids had a lot of fun listening to the story and asking her questions.
There was also a special guest that came for a visit. It was Cutie, Levi's guinea pig.
We ended the celebration with cupcakes!
We also skyped with Ruth Spiro, the author of Lester Fizz, Bubble-Gum Artist on Friday. This was a great way to end our bubble gum day celebration. It was awesome to listen to the story and ask Ruth questions.
- January reading calendars are due on February 4th.
- There will not be any reading homework this week.
- Spelling homework is due February 7th.
- Our carnival theme basket is birthday party. All donations are due by February 15th. With each item donated, your child will receive a coupon to be used at the carnival. There is also an opportunity for you to sign up to help with the carnival. A form was sent home. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- There will not be school on February 8th. Our staff will be in Gilbert for AIW. (Authentic Intellectual Work)
- Our Valentine's Day party will be February 14th. Please have your child decorate a box or bag to hold their valentines. They can bring them in on the 13th or 14th.