The 2nd graders have been working on addition strategies the last couple of weeks. We've worked on doubles, doubles + 1, doubles +2 and using 10 to add 7, 8, and 9. I'm very happy with how hard they've worked to find the sums this week. On Friday Miss Saylor's class came in so we could show them how to play garbage. I know the 2nd graders had a lot of fun being the teachers.
The 2nd graders have been busy writing a variety of stories this month. We were fortunate enough to have one of Mrs. Peterson's 7th grade classes come to our classroom and share stories they have written using Storybird. Our class enjoyed listening to their stories and had an opportunity to write their own.
- Spelling homework is due on Monday, January 21st.
- Reading homework is due on Friday, January 25th.
- The next spelling test is Friday, January 25th
- Yearbook forms are due on Friday, January 25th.
- Baseball forms were sent out by email and you should receive a hard copy next week. The forms should be postmarked no later than February 15, 2013.