The 2nd graders have been playing garbage with 10 frames. A lot of them knew how to play with playing cards, but we are using 10 frames to help with improving our number sense. Some of the students have brought home their own deck to play. Please ask them about it and take some time to play. It is a lot of fun!
The 2nd graders have been working on inferring the last couple of weeks. The used clues from the books to infer what the author was thinking.
We started our mapping unit today and read Mapping Penny's World. It is a great way to introduce some of our mapping vocabulary. We talked about what a scale, key, symbols, title, labels, and compass rose are. Please ask your child about what these words mean. We also looked at a map of the elementary. The students added a title, key, symbols, labels, and a compass rose.
- November Reading calendars are due December 3rd. If you child met the 350 minute goal for the month, then they will be participating in the reading party on the 4th.
- Scholastic book orders are due on Wednesday.
- Science Club forms are due back on December 7th.
- Drama Club forms are due back on December 7th.
- Reading homework is due on Friday.
- Unit 11 spelling test will be December 7th.