The 2nd graders were working on predicting this week. Predicting is a comprehension strategy. We read many books throughout the week to work on what we think is going to happen in our reading. Please ask your child about this strategy and use it with them as they are reading at home.
The 2nd graders started spelling city this week. This is a great website for students to practice their spelling words. The kids will be using this site in the morning. This can also be used at home. They have their own username and password. This site was used last year, but has some changes. There are practice tests, games, and flashcards for them to strengthen their spelling skills.
On Monday the students typed their bulldog stories on littebirdtales.com. This is a great website to share their writing, illustrations and voice. We will use this site throughout the year. A big thanks to Levi's mom and Emma's mom for helping record our voices and edit our stories.
- School pictures are October 3rd.
- September reading calendars are due October 2nd. The party will be October 3rd.
- Our field trip to Living History Farms is October 5th.
- Please continue to check our class calendar on the right side of the blog. I update this a lot. You can see events and due dates for homework and tests.
- Students can wear a hat on Tuesday with a donation of 25 cents. The money is going to the American Cancer Society. The high school volleyball team is having a "pink" night for their volleyball game. The students can wear their hat during the day at school and that night to show their support.
- Please let me know if you have any questions about Girls Scouts.
- A form was sent home and sent out electronically for Destination Imagination. This form in due on Tuesday.