The first graders are going to be learning about text and graphic features next week in reading.
Mrs. Lamoureaux came into the classroom on Friday to finish a lesson on giving and receiving feedback. The first graders partnered up and gave each other specific feedback on how to make their bird drawings better.
Our reading topic last week was music. In one of our texts, they showed the kids how to make their own drum. The first graders wanted me to share this so they could have the directions to make one at home.
The students spotted some shadows outside during recess.
These two were shadow experts on the playground.
In science, the students used flashlights and their gnomes to make shadows in the classroom.
- The spelling test will be on Friday.
- Picture retakes are Wednesday, October 25th.
- The first graders will be reviewing for the math test on Monday and will take the unit 2 test on Tuesday. There will be math homework on Wednesday.
- The Halloween party is Friday, October 27th from 11:15-12:15. Your child can bring their costumes and change into them for the party.
- Here is the Scholastic book order link. Scholastic.com Our classroom code is GT9RT.