In guidance, the first graders talked about how to be a good listener when other people are talking. Mrs. Skahill brought a talking stick to class. The first graders took turns using it. They talked about how important it is to REALLY listen while others are talking.
The students worked on greater than, less than, and equal to and measuring in math. There will be homework on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
The first graders worked together to answer questions on Google Classroom.
The questions were from the story, Let's Go To The Moon.
Please ask your child if they would like to be an astronaut. Have them give you reasons why or why not.
- Lesson 17 spelling test will be on Friday.
- The 100th day of school is Monday, January 29th. Thanks to those that signed up to bring in a food item for our special snack. We will be doing a variety of fun activities to celebrate being in first grade for 100 days.
- All testing has been completed. I will let you know when the scores will be sent home with your child.
- A yearbook order form was sent home with your child. The order deadline is February 5th.
- The first graders did an experiment to see how blubber keeps a penguin warm in cold water. I will be sending out pictures on Seesaw today. Please ask your child about what they discovered.