The first graders made cards for the Deerfield Retirement Community. Each grade level had a specific place to send cards to.
Conclusions will be our reading target this week. Please try and fit this into your conversations at home after your child gets done reading.
The students were learning about contractions this week. They did a great job spotting them everywhere, including t-shirts!
It was a busy week in math. The first graders used geo boards to create different shapes.
They also worked on collecting data and transferring the data into a bar graph. The first graders were asked if they could pick a super power, what would they pick. Their choices were flying, extra strong or to be invisible. Ask your child what they picked and which super power won.
The students explored with the base 10 blocks. Please ask your child how much a cube, long, and flat are worth.
- Spelling will be on Friday. The pink list will be sent home on Monday. This list does not need to be returned to school.
- There will be math homework on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
- The first graders will be celebrating Polar Express Day on Thursday, December 21st. They will get to wear their pajamas and do a lot of fun activities. If you signed up to bring in an item for that day, you can send it with your child this week. Thanks!
- The Winter party will be Friday, December 22nd from 11:10-12:10.
- Our class will be having a book exchange on the 22nd. Please send a wrapped book with your child by the 20th.